NC Medicaid is low or no-cost to you. NC Medicaid pays the cost for most health care services. You do not have to pay any monthly premiums. The highest copay is $4 and that is only needed for some services.
A copay is a fee you pay when you get certain health care services or prescriptions.
|$4 per visit
|Generic and brand prescriptions
|$4 per prescription
There are no NC Medicaid copays for:
- Members under age 21
- Members who are pregnant
- Members who get hospice care
- Federally recognized tribal members
- North Carolina Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program (NC BCCCP) beneficiaries
- People living in an institution who get coverage for cost of care
- Children/youth in foster care
- Behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disability (I/DD) or traumatic brain injury (TBI) services
How to apply
The best way to find out if you are eligible is to apply.