DHHS Announces Updates to County Realignments to New LME/MCOs
On July 29, 2021, NCDHHS Secretary Mandy Cohen M.D. approved the Transition, Consolidation, and Dissolution Agreement (the Agreement) to consolidate Cardinal Innovations and Vaya Health, with Vaya Health remaining as the surviving entity.
The Agreement stated that the consolidation would be completed no later than April 1, 2022; the Agreement also indicated that the day-to-day operations of Cardinal Innovations may be assumed by Vaya prior to that date. Cardinal Innovations and Vaya Health agreed that the consolidation will occur on Jan 1, 2022, in order to best ensure the stability of members, providers and staff impacted by the transition.
Over the past several months, DHHS worked with the counties in the Cardinal region to support their decision to remain with Cardinal Innovations and ultimately align with Vaya Health or realign with a different LME/MCO.
The top priority for DHHS and the LME/MCOs during the transition period is to promote the stability of the LME/MCO system and ensure minimal disruption for Cardinal members, the LME/MCOs taking on new counties, and their provider networks.
The following reflects a change in the original transition dates:
- Orange and Mecklenburg counties’ transition date to Alliance Health has changed from Dec. 15, 2021 to Dec. 1, 2021. The change was made after taking into consideration a number of operational factors that make the first day of the month preferable to a mid-month transition.
- Alamance, Caswell, Chatham, Franklin, Granville, Person, Rowan, Stokes and Vance counties will transition to Vaya effective Jan. 1, 2022.
The following counties have no change to their realignment dates:
- Forsyth and Davie counties transition to Partners Health Management on Nov. 1, 2021.
- Warren County transitions to Eastpointe on Dec. 1, 2021.
- Halifax County transitions to Trillium Health Resources on Dec. 1, 2021.
- Davidson and Rockingham counties transition to Sandhills Center on Dec. 1, 2021.
Please see the fact sheet DHHS Announces Updates for County Realignments to New LME/MCOs for more information.