SPECIAL BULLETIN COVID-19 #218: Direct Care Worker Eligibility Portal The Eligibility Portal is now available for registration and submission
NC Medicaid established the Direct Care Worker Eligibility Portal for purposes of the direct care workers and support staff one-time bonus and the ICF-IID direct care worker wage increase announced in Special Bulletins COVID-19 #212 and #213. The Eligibility Portal is now available for registration and submission.
Providers will submit attestations of their eligible workers by selecting “Register” at the top right of the page and using one of the following registration codes to establish themselves as the authorized user:
- Single Provider Service Location: Authorized users submitting an attestation for a single provider service location will use a combination of NPI and location code; example: 123456789-001. If the authorized user does not know the location code, they should contact Medicaid.DCW.HelpDesk@dhhs.nc.gov.
- Single Provider with Multiple Provider Service Locations: Authorized users submitting an attestation for a single provider with multiple provider service locations will use a combination of NPI and location code; example: 123456789-001.
- Multiple Providers: Authorized users submitting attestations for multiple providers using multiple NPIs should use one provider NPI as the registration code. Upon registration, the user must email Medicaid.DCW.HelpDesk@dhhs.nc.gov with the following information to receive the ability to submit for multiple provider NPIs:
- Registration username
- Registration email
- All NPIs submitting for
- Corporate name
Registration remains open for webinars to learn more about the one-time bonus, ICF-IID wage increase and HCBS wage increase. Providers may use the following links to register:
ICF-IID Wage Increase:
HCBS Wage Increase (No eligibility portal registration/submission necessary):
- Behavioral Health Webinar Jan. 21, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Behavioral Health Webinar Jan. 24, 2022, 1 p.m. ET
- Physical Health Webinar Jan. 21, 2022, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Physical Health Webinar Jan. 25, 2022, 2:30 p.m. ET
For more information:
- Special Bulletin COVID-19 #212 Direct Care Worker One-Time Bonus
- Special Bulletin COVID-19 #213 Direct Care Worker ICF-IID Wage Increase
- Special Bulletin COVID-19 #214 Direct Care Worker HCBS Wage Increase
- Providers may contact Medicaid.DCW.HelpDesk@dhhs.nc.gov with any questions. NC Medicaid will make an FAQ sheet available following the webinars.
- Direct care workers should talk with their employer to resolve all inquiries on eligibility and payout.