Maternal Support Services (Baby Love Program)
Maternal Support Services, also known as the “Baby Love Program,” are available to Medicaid-eligible pregnant women during and after pregnancy.
- Childbirth Education - A series of classes to help pregnant women and their support person to:
- Understand the changes that may happen during pregnancy
- To prepare for labor and delivery
- Understand the postpartum (after childbirth) period
- Health and Behavior Intervention - Provides counseling and emotional support when you are stressed.
- Medical Home Visits - Home Visits for you and your baby by qualified staff and may include referrals to other programs like nutrition and dietary evaluation, dental care, counseling and family planning.
NC Medicaid Contact Center