The North Carolina Innovations waiver includes a Supported Living service definition that enables people with significant disabilities the opportunity to live in their own homes.
A person who experiences a disability partners with an organization, family, friends and community resources to experience life in a way that results in:
- A safe and decent home of one’s own
- Personalized assistance
- Support from others who care about and respect the person.
- A Guide to Supported Living Concepts and NC Innovations' Supported Living Service Definition
- Supporting People in Developing their Roommate Agreements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Supported Living in NC: A Data Snapshot Presentation, April 20, 2018