Advanced Medical Home Tier 3 Glidepath Attestation Payment Updates – April 21, 2021
Effective April 1, 2021, as part of the transition to NC Medicaid Managed Care, NC Medicaid will offer time-limited payments to practices that have attested as an Advanced Medical Home (AMH) Tier 3 if they can demonstrate successful readiness for AMH Tier 3 responsibilities. Further information regarding the Glidepath program, including eligibility requirements, can be found on the Advanced Medical Home webpage.
Attestation Deadlines Have Changed
To ensure timely distribution of Glidepath payments, attestation deadlines for the May and June timeframes have been updated. Please note:
- For May payments: Attestation MUST be completed by April 25, 2021, at 5 p.m. EST
- For June payments: Attestation MUST be completed by May 14, 2021, at 5 p.m. EST
By attesting to the eligibility requirements for Glidepath payments, practices are certifying that they understand and agree that any misrepresentation of attestation information may impact their eligibility to receive Glidepath payments and DHHS reserves the right to further review any misrepresentations, as well as take appropriate actions based on the results of these reviews.
The AMH Glidepath Attestation can be found within the AMH Tier Attestation page in the NCTracks Provider Portal. Please refer to the AMH Tier Attestation Job Aid on the NCTracks website for specific directions on how to arrive at this page.
Glidepath Payment Reconsideration Process
As a reminder, once an AMH Tier 3 practice has attested to meeting Glidepath payment eligibility in NCTracks, DHHS will validate that the practice is enrolled with NC Medicaid and attested as an AMH Tier 3 practice. DHHS then confirms the attestation with the respective pre-paid health plans in order to validate that each Tier 3 practice has met contracting and testing criteria.
DHHS has developed a reconsideration process for providers who either missed the March Glidepath attestation deadline due to specific circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic and public health emergency or who disagree with the outcome of the validation determinations for the March Glidepath payment.
- If a provider believes they have been denied the March Glidepath payment in error, they should first contact the health plans that match their attestation to confirm completed status of both contracting and testing and request confirmation of that status in writing.
- The confirmation documentation must indicate that all requirements were completed prior to the March 30, 2021 Glidepath attestation deadline. Please submit this documentation to Medicaid.Transformation@dhhs.nc.gov, with the subject line of “AMH Glidepath Payment Reconsideration.” Your reconsideration request must be received by April 25, 2021 to be included in the May Glidepath payment cycle.
- The Department will review this confirmation and validate that the criteria are met for at least two plans by the stated deadline for payment. If it falls after that deadline, consideration can be made for the subsequent payment cycle. If the health plan cannot confirm completion of contracting and testing and the organization disputes this, please provide documentation with supporting evidence to support the position in a statement to Medicaid.Transformation@dhhs.nc.gov, with the subject line of “AMH Glidepath Payment Reconsideration.”
NCTracks Call Center, 800-688-6696