Fact Sheets Available for Children and Youth Transitioning to Foster Care Address questions related to the Standard Plan disenrollment process for children in foster care.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) transitioned most Medicaid beneficiaries to NC Medicaid Managed Care (Standard Plans) on July 1, 2021. At the time of transition, children in foster care remained in NC Medicaid Direct without the option to choose a Standard Plan.
As of July 1, 2021, children who are enrolled in Standard Plans and enter foster care are disenrolled from their Standard Plan. Fact sheets that address questions related to the Standard Plan disenrollment process for children in foster care are now available.
- Foster care fact sheet for children, youth and their families
- Foster care fact sheet for Medicaid providers
The fact sheet(s) address the following:
- What happens if I am enrolled in a Standard Plan at the time I enter foster care?
- What is the disenrollment process timeline?
- Will I lose any of my providers?
- Where can I go if I have questions?
More information on the Foster Care Plan is available on the NC Medicaid Specialized Foster Care webpage.
NC Medicaid Contact Center: 888-245-0179