COVID-19 Related Services for Uninsured Individuals
NC Medicaid Optional COVID-19 (MCV) Testing, Treatment and Vaccination Program
NC Medicaid is reimbursing COVID-19 testing, treatment, and vaccination costs for individuals without insurance who enroll in the NC Medicaid Optional COVID-19 Testing, Treatment and Vaccination (MCV) program. To be eligible, an individual must:
- Live in North Carolina
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national or have eligible immigration status
- Not be covered by Medicaid, Medicare or other health insurance
Individuals may complete an application online. Additional resources:
Please note that the processing time for paper applications is estimated to be 2-6 weeks. For more information, please see SPECIAL BULLETIN COVID #128: NC Medicaid Optional COVID-19 Testing Program Online Applications Available and SPECIAL BULLETIN COVID-19 #242: Continued Reimbursement for COVID-19-Related Services for the Uninsured.
Reimbursement for COVID-19 Related Services for Uninsured NC Residents
NC Medicaid will reimburse primary care providers (PCP) who are providing COVID-19 related primary care services to North Carolina residents without medical insurance. A payment of $150 per eligible encounter will be available to PCPs.
- Individuals are eligible for the program if they are North Carolina residents and have no health care coverage (e.g. Medicaid, Medicare, or other health insurance).
- Providers are eligible if they are PCPs that operate in North Carolina and are registered in NCTracks, North Carolina’s Medicaid payment platform.
Deadline for Claims Submission
The Uninsured Reimbursement Program for COVID-19 Related Primary Care Services is closed as of Dec. 31, 2020. We are no longer accepting new claims.
For more information, review the following additional resources:
- Fact Sheet
- Resources to Support NC Providers Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- SPECIAL BULLETIN COVID-19 #142: REMINDER – Reimbursement for COVID-19-Related Primary Care Services for Uninsured Individuals Living in NC
Resources to Support NC Providers Responding to COVID-19
Additional funds are available to providers to help cover COVID-19 related primary care services and expenses. A fact sheet and visual listing other supports available are on the DHHS COVID-19 Response - Providers, Hospitals and Labs webpage under Resources to Support NC Providers Responding to COVID-19.
This page was last modified on 05/31/2023